Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Giving Thanks to our Soldiers and our family

My niece finally returned from a 6 month deployment.  Living in poor conditions and eventually moving into a tent.  It was hot, filthy and unpleasant but she did it.  She left her newly wed husband and all her family for us all.  She is my hero and I fell blessed to have her as a niece.  My other niece is also serving our country and is doing very well.  Being in service of our country my  nieces have both excelled.  I am a proud Aunt....
Here is the quilt I made for Donna's welcome home and as a thank you.  I owed her a quilt because I made a quilt for Michelle's first born...  :)  Getting a quilt out of me.... well it's not something I do much anymore for anyone but myself so I hope they love their treasures.






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt! How sweet of you to make it. The envelope? Is it for stashing a book or a secret pile of love letters or does the quilt fold up into it? Yes, I am curious :-)

    ReplyDelete