Saturday, June 21, 2014

One of the saddest days of my life.........

I don't know how other people feel when they lose a pet, I'm guessing the same as I'm feeling.  I lost my little Remy.  He came to us from a rescue, he was broken and needed a special home.  One that would love him and care for him like you would a small child or baby.  We only had him for a few years.  He had degenerate spine disease and he could no longer walk on his own.
We found a wonderful place that makes doggy wheel chairs and promptly purchased one.  He didn't like to use it much but it was there for him for outings
Because he required so much care I became extremely close to him, and now I feel empty and lost.
He was the best little guy I ever had and he will truly be missed.  I ordered a tombstone for him and he's buried in our back yard so he's close.  I hope to see him again in heaven where I'm sure he is.  If love could have saved him, he would have lived forever.
My favorite picture of him and the painting a wonderful artist did of him.


Painting by Charlotte Hey


1 comment:

  1. Oh Janet I'm so sorry. These little furry creatures capture our hearts and become part of the family. You know I love my little Dexter. I don't know what I'm gonna do when he's gone so I can only imagine how you feel.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete